We bring together people to achieve great outcomes and our Directors live our values in everything they do.
Adam Colthorpe, Director
Adam has 14 years of private sector experience including six years as a strategy and planning consultant working on project ideation, strategy, planning, activation, and evaluation for global brands including working across three Olympic Games.
Adam has lived mental health experience and was a Trustee of a local Mind Mental Health charity before becoming Chair of Trustees of a men’s mental health charity.
More recently, Adam has been Director of Communications for South Kent Mind and Director of Mentoring for Dads Unlimited.
Bernie Mayall, Director
Based on her backstory in nursing and social work, Bernie’s wide-ranging senior executive and non-executive board-level leadership experience and significant experience of delivery and innovation with a clear focus on achieving the best organisational outcomes have given her a warm and diverse network and history of achievement.
Having developed a broad skill set from working in national, regional and organisational leadership roles that includes strategic decision making, developing quality frameworks, improving outcomes, addressing operational performance challenges and robust visible leadership she is politically competent and able to work effectively across organisational boundaries. She also has extensive experience in corporate operations, quality governance, service delivery, project management across sectors. Professionally and politically credible, dedicated to delivering positive change through development and support, creating a positive culture through the development and promotion of shared objectives and kindness she is also commercially competent with a backstory of success in developing new business opportunities in partnership with all stakeholders and with a particular preference and talent for co-production and community reach out. She is committed to the development of high-quality services provided by empowered people and rooted in a strong evidence base of best practice and commercial activity.
She also thinks there is a little bit of fabulous in everyone, without exception.
Current pro bono roles:
- Lead Governor and Chair of Staff and Patient Experience Committee and Chair of the Audit and Governance Committee East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust.
- Director and Vice Chair of Dover Big Local CiC. Designed from the outset to be radically different from other funding programmes, at the heart of Big Local is a vision of empowered, resilient, dynamic, asset-rich communities making their own decisions on what is best for their area.
- Associate with a local entrepreneurial NFP tasked with local regeneration, social enterprise and commercial development. (One of the Local Access Projects, TLAP)
- Academy for Social Justice Commissioning Board member (founding member)
- NED with No Offence CiC. This enabled cross sector learning and collaboration across the CJS related sectors and fields, encouraging innovation, collaboration and influencing at the highest levels.
- School Governor in both Primary and Secondary schools
- Alzheimers Ambassador and trained Champion delivering workshops to schools, WI, various others
- Town Councillor
- UK Director NFP Animal Welfare Charity
Rachel Arthur, Director
Rachel is at the intersection of human-centred design, learning and culture. She specialises in enriching the human experience by understanding the human mind, behaviour and needs in different contexts and cultures to create a positive impact on people’s lives. In the last 6 years, she focused on shaping the future of education. She helps stakeholders identify and translate unmet human needs to new programmes, products and services.
In a parallel journey, she’s been on a journey to well-being and leadership. She facilitates spaces for others to lead within and return to wholeness – the true essence of well-being. She cares a lot about destigmatising the barriers to emotional and mental well-being. She has a lived experience of mental health and is passionate about shifting the intergenerational conditioning for people of colour.